Volunteers Make a Difference!
How many volunteers does it take to run a successful AHEA convention each year?
This year, we are looking for approximately 250 people to cover various shifts on Thursday, Friday & Saturday to help things run smoothly.
What positions need to be filled?
- Set-up & take down
- First Aid (Shorter shifts)
- Speaker Hosts and Drivers to and from airport for speakers
- Room Monitors
- Volunteer Check-in
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Youth Lab & Youth Session Assistants
- Family Board Game & Dance Night Assistants
- Guest Services & Greeters
- For Booths in the Exhibit Hall (for New Homeschoolers, for Special Needs & for High School
- Grad Ceremony
- General Runners
- Lots and lots of help for the Children’s Program!
Who do we need to help out? And how long are the shifts?
Youth, Parents, Grandparents, Homeschool Grads. . . almost anyone that is willing and a teen or older. There are various shifts but most are a 4 hour/8 hour/full 2 day commitment.
Why would I like to volunteer?
- To meet and get to know new friends and like-minded people.
- To contribute to and support a cause you believe in.
- To try something new.
- To save money!!
- If you serve for 4 hours, you will receive 25% off your registration fee.
- If you serve for 8 hours, you will receive free entry.
- If a couple serves 10 hours total between the 2 of them, they will both receive free entry.
- NEW THIS YEAR! VOLUNTEER DRAWS!
- You can win prizes for volunteering. More details to come.
Volunteers are encouraged to purchase an AHEA membership.
How do I get involved?
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help!
Please fill in the form below to volunteer and let us know which area you are interested in.