Volunteers Make a Difference!
How many volunteers does it take to run a successful AHEA convention each year?
This year, we are looking for approximately 250 people to cover various shifts on Thursday, Friday & Saturday to help things run smoothly.
What positions need to be filled?
- Set-up & take down
- MCs, Security
- Speaker Hosts and Drivers to and from airport for speakers
- Room Monitors
- Volunteer Check-in
- Guest Services
- For Booths in the exhibit hall (for New Homeschoolers, for Special Needs & for High School
- To help with Used Curriculum Sale
- To help in the Youth Program & chaperones for the Thursday field trip
- Grad ceremony
- General runners & snack cart
- Lots and lots of help for the Children’s Program!
Who do we need to help out? And how long are the shifts?
Youth, Parents, Grandparents, Homeschool Grads. . . almost anyone that is willing and a teen or older. There are various shifts but most are a 4hour/8 hour/full 2 day commitment.
Why would I like to volunteer?
- To meet and get to know new friends and like-minded people.
- To contribute to and support a cause you believe in.
- To try something new.
- To save money!! (If you serve an 8 hour shift, you will have your registration fee reimbursed at the end of the convention. If a couple serves 10 hours total between the 2 of them, they will have their couples registration fee reimbursed. Note: Reimbursement does not include the AHEA membership amount, only the convention registration fee portion).
- NEW THIS YEAR! 2 VOLUNTEER DRAWS!
- 1) For any volunteer that signs up before March 1, 2019 will get their name entered in for a draw to win a $50 Gift certificate to spend in the exhibit hall at this year’s convention!
- 2) A second draw to win $100 CASH!! This draw will be held near the end of the convention and announced just before the closing session in the main hall. Anyone that serves a 1-4 hour shift will get 1 entry in to this draw and anyone that serves a 5 - 8 hour shift will get 2 entries after they serve their shift!
How do I get involved?
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help!
Please fill in the form below to volunteer and let us know which area you are interested in.