"Blended program" means an educational program consisting of two distinct parts:
A school-provided program where a teacher employed by a school board or an accredited funded private school is responsible for providing the planning, resource selection, instructional delivery, assessment and evaluation of student progress in selected courses that follow the Alberta Program of Studies with the following minimum requirements:
Grade 1 – 9 Minimum of 50%
Grade 10 – 12 Minimum of 20%
- A Home Education Program that meets the requirements of the Home Education Regulation.
Funding Manual - Glossary of Terms pg 145
click on 2009-2010 Funding Manual link
“Home Education Program” means an education program provided by a parent to a student in accordance with this Regulation, but does not include any portion of an education program that is the responsibility of a board or an accredited private school to deliver; http://education.alberta.ca/ parents/choice/homeeducation.aspx
click on Home Education Handbook
Appendix A pg 30
(1) A parent who intends to provide a home education program must develop the program.
(2) A home education program must enable a student to achieve outcomes that are appropriate to that program.
(3) Each year a parent who intends to provide a home education program must select activities to be focused on in the year that will enable the student to achieve the ultimate goal set out in subsection (2).
(4) A home education program may follow the Alberta Programs of Study.
(5) Where a home education program does not follow the Alberta Programs of Study,
(a) the parent providing the program must certify, using the form set by the Minister, that the activities selected by the parent for the year under subsection (3) will enable the student to achieve the ultimate goal set out in subsection (2), and
(b) the associate board or associate private school that will supervise the program must accept the program, including the selection of activities, in writing.
(6) A parent referred to in subsection (5) must provide to the associate board or associate private school a written description of the program which must include
(a) a list of the activities selected by the parent under subsection (3) and an explanation as to how those activities will enable the student to achieve the ultimate goal set out insubsection (2),
(b) the instructional methods and resources to be used,
(c) the means of conducting evaluations of the student’s progress, and
(d) the name of the person instructing the home education program, if not the parent.
(7) A parent who has provided a description of a home education program under subsection (6) may alter the program, and must notify the associate board or associate private school of any significant changes to the program.
(8) A teacher employed by the associate board or associate private school must, at the request of a parent, advise and provide assistance to the parent in the preparation of the written description of a home education program.
(9) A parent providing a home education program must administer and manage the home education program