It Is NEVER Too Late To Bring Your Kids Home
Home Schooling is an excellent option in Alberta. Why not join the Home School Community of Alberta? It is a strong, passionate community encouraging parents to meet the individual needs of their children. Parents have, and are, taking the plunge into home schooling as you read this.
Why would you choose to home school your children? Home schooling = Freedom!
- Home Schooling isn't hard to do.
- Children can excel academically as home schoolers.
- You will know exactly what your child is learning.
- Your children get to learn their way and at their pace.
- You want your child to love learning and to follow their interests.
- You can teach your child practical life skills and academics
- There is better socialization with much less peer pressure and unhealthy bullying.
- Children can have time for creative play and following their interests and talents.
- Priority on Family:
- Families get to spend the best hours of each day together!
- You get to teach your children the values that are important to you.
- You can to be the master of your own schedule and decide what works best for your family.
- There is flexibility in learning and lifestyle.
- You want to spend more time with your child / children.
- Your child is asking to home school.
- Your child has special needs and would do better at home.
You do have the freedom to educate your children at home anytime you wish. You can still make a
decision to home school your children, and until Sept. 28, 2018 the funding will follow your child to the
new board you choose to register with. It is better to decide before then, of course, but you will find
boards are often open to accepting students throughout the year because they are passionate about your
freedom to choose and the benefits that home education brings. Call a few to help decide which one you
would like to go with and ask for help. All of them want to help your family succeed at home education.
What do you need to do? Fill out a Notification Form and a copy of a birth certificate or passport for
each child to the home school administration of your choice. Once your family has been accepted, bring
your child home!