Parents decide to home educate their children for a multitude of reasons.
Are you thinking about home educating:
- for academic reasons;
- because of religious convictions;
- because your child’s learning style does not mesh well with a traditional classroom situation;
- to protect your children from negative influences;
- to have more quality time as a family;
- so that your child has more time to train in a specific sport;
- to protect your child from being bullied?
Are you hoping to:
- let your child excel academically at their own pace;
- strengthen family relationships;
- develop godly character;
- cultivate a love for learning in your child that will last a lifetime;
- nurture your child’s creativity;
- raise critical thinkers;
- give your child more time to study specific topics such as music or art?
Many parents have multiple reasons when they begin to home educate, but even those who begin for only a single reason often come to discover many more advantages to the home educating lifestyle, for their children individu-ally and for their families as a whole.